Table of Contents
The world of property management and leasing has seen a seismic shift with the advent of digital marketing, and landlords were not left out of this revolution. With the right strategies and tools like landlord marketing software, you can optimally manage properties, reach a wider audience, and reap more significant benefits.
Below are some digital marketing ideas and tips, including ways to leverage the best rental markets for landlords, rental listing best practices, and Section 8 rental listings.
Landlord Marketing Software
Landlord marketing software has transformed the traditional property management business. These software tools are designed to streamline various processes such as tenant screening, rent collection, and property maintenance tracking. They also offer marketing features such as listing building, sending emails to leads and tenants, and sending your listing to multiple sites automatically. Using landlord marketing software can save you time and increase your efficiency, allowing you to focus on building relationships with your tenants and other important aspects of rental property management.
Optimize Your Rental Listings
Online rental listings have become the go-to source for potential renters in the digital age.
That’s why optimizing your rental listings is more important than ever to find better potential tenants and minimize vacancies in your properties. Here’s a comprehensive list of steps to help you create a more effective listing:
- Use High-Quality Photos: Photos are the first thing prospective renters see, so ensure they are high-quality, well-lit, and capture the best features of your property. Consider hiring a professional photographer to showcase your property in the best possible light, or do it yourself with top-tier tips.
- Create a Clear, Compelling Title: Your title should be both informative and attention-grabbing. Include key details such as the number of bedrooms, bathrooms, and any unique features your property may have.
- Write a Detailed Description: Describe the property and its features in detail, including size, layout, appliances, renovations, and unique amenities. Also, highlight the neighborhood, including proximity to key locations like shopping centers, parks, schools, and public transportation.
- Use Relevant Keywords: To improve your listing’s visibility, use relevant keywords that potential tenants might use in their search. For example, if your property is pet-friendly or near a popular landmark, include these details.
- Set a Competitive Price: Research the rental prices of comparable properties in your area to set a competitive and fair price. Overpriced listings may deter potential tenants, while underpricing could affect your ROI. Use a trusted monthly rent calculator as needed.
- Keep Your Listing Updated: Make sure to keep your listing up to date with current photos and accurate descriptions. If there are any changes, such as a decrease in rent or added amenities, update your listing immediately.
- Respond Promptly to Inquiries: Prompt responses show prospective tenants that you are attentive and professional. It also helps to keep the conversation going and increases the likelihood of securing a lease.
- Request Reviews from Previous Tenants: Positive reviews can significantly enhance your listing’s attractiveness. If possible, ask past and current tenants to write a review about their experience.
- Include a Virtual Tour: If possible, create a virtual tour of your property. This allows potential tenants to explore the property from the comfort of their homes, particularly useful in the current pandemic climate.
By following these steps, you can create an optimized rental listing that not only attracts more potential tenants but also helps you find the right tenant for your property.
List Properties on Multiple Platforms
To maximize visibility and reach a wider audience, list your properties on multiple platforms. Websites like Zillow, Trulia, and Craigslist are excellent places to list a rental property, as well as social media platforms like Facebook Marketplace. However, it’s important to remember that each platform has a unique audience and requires a tailored approach. For instance, the language and imagery you use on a platform like Craigslist should differ from what you would use on a more casual site like Facebook.
- Apartments.com: Features options for listing apartments, condos, houses, and townhomes for rent
- Rent.com: Allows listing of a variety of property types and features resources for landlords
- Trulia: Provides property listing services and offers market trends and data
- Craigslist: A large online classified site where landlords can post rental listings for free
- HotPads: A Zillow affiliate, particularly popular with urban renters looking for apartments, condos, and homes
- Realtor.com: Provides a platform for property owners to list residential properties for rent
- Facebook Marketplace: A free-to-use platform where landlords can reach a large audience, particularly locals
Pro Tip: The best landlord software shares your listings with top platforms like the ones listed above without requiring any extra work on your part.
Leverage Section 8 Rental Listing Sites
Section 8, a program that provides rental housing assistance to eligible tenants, is another potential market for landlords. Section 8 tenants come with the assurance of timely payments, as a significant portion of the rent is covered by the government. Listing your properties on websites like AffordableHousing.com that cater to Section 8 tenants can open up a new tenant pool. This can be particularly useful in times when rental demand is low, providing you with a steady stream of potential tenants.
For more information check out the Section 8 Housing: The Process, Pros, and Cons webinar.
How Can TurboTenant Help with Marketing My Rental Property?
TurboTenant is a property management tool that offers numerous features to streamline the process of managing rental properties. Here’s a summary of how it can help landlords advertise and list their properties:
- Centralized Property Listings: TurboTenant provides an all-in-one platform where you can create and manage your property listings. It allows you to provide detailed descriptions, upload high-quality photos, set rental prices, and specify lease terms in just a few clicks.
- Syndication to Major Rental Sites: When you list your rental properties on TurboTenant, we automatically pass these listings to over a dozen top rental websites, including Rent.com, Apartments.com, and Zillow. This broad syndication helps you reach a wider audience without needing to manually post on each site.
- Pre-Screening and Online Applications: TurboTenant automatically sends a pre-screening questionnaire to interested leads so you can filter out bad fits right from the start. Once interested renters find a listing, they directly apply online through TurboTenant’s platform.
- Marketing Tools: In addition to digital listings, TurboTenant provides marketing tools like printable flyers and a lead tracking system.
- Automated Communications: TurboTenant sends you automatic notifications when there’s a new rental application or when pre-screening questions are answered, ensuring you stay updated on your listings’ status.
By combining these features, TurboTenant provides a comprehensive, easy-to-use solution for you to advertise and list your properties, ultimately reducing vacancies and streamlining the property management process.